All Rights Reserved © Kingston Vale Montessori School Ltd
Kingston Vale Montessori Nursery School Ltd
Kingston Vale Montessori Nursery School for 2 to 5 year olds has been established since 1981. The school operates from two main rooms in St John’s Church Hall in Kingston Vale. The nursery serves local families from a range of backgrounds and cultures by providing places for children each weekday morning from 09.15 to 12.45 term time only.
The aim of our school is to provide excellent Montessori education in a happy, relaxed and secure environment. The philosophy of Montessori education emphasises the potential of the individual in ways specific to each child at their own learning pace. Our teachers are trained in the use of the special Montessori teaching materials. These provide each child with a variety of multi -sensory learning experiences and we structure the use of these within our broader curriculum which shares the underlying principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We are delighted to share with you the results from our recent Ofsted inspection which took place on 12th March 2018
The Inspection showed that the overall quality of the provision of our nursery is “good”.
We have highlighted following positive observations within the inspectors report:
- That the children are warmly welcomed into nursery,
- The staff have excellent bonds with children and their families and that there is a strong feeling of community within the nursery.
- The children settle in confidently and quickly and that children behave very well and demonstrate excellent manners.
- The Inspector was impressed by the atmosphere in the nursery which was calm and purposeful, reflecting what we recognise as a true Montessori environment.
- Most importantly, the Inspector observed that the children are motivated and confident learners, demonstrating good levels of engagement in their chosen activities.
- The inspector also noted that the children are beginning to link letters with the sounds they represent and count different objects confidently and that they are developing the key skills needed in readiness for starting school.
If you wish to view the report in full, please click here
It is important to us to keep our parents and carers informed!
We produce a termly school newsletter which we email directly to all so they are kept updated, on our school news, what we have been learning, future planning and projects and dates for your diary.
Tel: 020 8546 3442